The Breen Machine

The Breen Machine
CyclOcar at the Guadalupe Desert Salt Flats, Texas nearly 2,000 miles into it's 30,000 mile journey. Pedal Power = Carbon Neutral Living

Friday, October 29, 2010

Time for Change

I had been cycling well past Destin before popping into Mick's place for a non alcoholic drink.  Met Cindy & Shane Pierce before I realised that the new time zone meant that the clocks had gone back one hour.

Cindy lost her mother to breast cancer nearly a year ago and was very enthusiastic about the machine.  Shane who is an engineer on C130 Talons at nearby Hurlburt Field in the US Airforce is about to leave for Iraq. A few minutes previously I had sat underneath the approach path watching the stuff land.  He kindly donated $15.00 and I must thank him once again here.  Take care out there please and thank you Cindy for all those Seven Up refills!

Oh and I forgot to say that I had a bit of drama when a young lad and his mother approached me outside and wanted to use my phone to call a 'cab'.  Turns out they were in the middle of a drug deal and when the supplier turned up Cindy new immediately what was happening as she called the police a little to  late though. So if anyone wants a supplier his number is on my phone!

Interesting approach on a sign by a car business - 'We need customers not a bale out'.

I left and tried to once again find somewhere to camp - eventually deciding to sleep in my bag near the road. The total for the day 67 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment