The Breen Machine

The Breen Machine
CyclOcar at the Guadalupe Desert Salt Flats, Texas nearly 2,000 miles into it's 30,000 mile journey. Pedal Power = Carbon Neutral Living

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Goodbye Lillian's Cafe

I visited the local hotdog festival in Elberta which has many of German origin.


I had a great time at the Halloween party.  I bought a Batman costume - only trouble was they had run out of adult ones but had an 8 - 10 year old Husky version = husky is a nice way of saying fat.


I had a hell of a job getting into it and then cycling to the party,  Then everyone started laughing.  I had put it on backwards, but I wasn't going to change as it had taken me nearly 10 mins to get into it.  Then I realised I couldn;t get out of it to visit the toilet and George had to come to me rescue.  Cracked him up!


Kim


Afterwards I felt like I was the prize in a competition as several people offered me somewhere to stay.  I ended up in a beautiful house literally on the beach.  What I failed to mention was that as I was following George in his 4x4 I turned the corner too soon and ended up on my side in a storm drain.  I really thought that I had broken the pod and screen but to my amazement there was no damage.  Thanks very much Wyre and Maggie for letting me stay on your couch. 


Wyre & Maggies Place


I cannot recall how many people I talked to but suffice to say they were very interesting.

I must leave and say my goodbyes to all especially George & Kim of Lillian's Cafe on Hwy 98.

No comments:

Post a Comment